Saturday, February 25, 2012

2/25/12

This month has only a few days left in it. I have been thinking, tomorrow 2/26 will be 54 years since my mother was killed by a tornado. What an awful day that had been. Especially that evening, all the crank phone calls. That was the reason I tried to tell our children not to make those stupid calls. One never knows what a person is going through. I asked you to please answer the phone, although I was closer to it. Funny, how those kind of memories are always so very vivid. I knew by the way you answered the phone that something bad was wrong. I thought something had happened to your mom. I got out of bed, went to you and asked you what has happened to you mom. your answer, "not my mom, yours, she is dead."  Why am I writing this tonight? Honey, I suppose your death has caused all the deaths to be more vivid. After all, that was a long time ago. Yet I remember every tiny detail. Today has not had a lot happening. I thought Bro Honea was going to get here to fix the shower, else I would not have stayed home today. It was a cool day but so beautiful. You and I thought every day was beautiful. We had each other and we were happy knowing that. Honey, I miss you and I love you..........BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment