Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dec 24, 2011

Christmas Eve, Honey.  I remember when Louise Maughon used to tell me when they arrived at BT, you were waiting there for them, and she said something about the good looking man there to meet them. Something of that effect. Honey, our children, grands, greats and I had a wonderful day. We ate brunch.....Mostly ate all morning and early afternoon. Then we passed out gifts. Wow, I really felt like a santa had come to see me. I got soooo many good gifts. Debbie and Lisa bought something for the marker when they get it down so you were not left out. We had a lot to do on that day. We went to the funeral home to make all the funeral arrangements. Lisa called La Cole Florist, the lady stayed there so we could pick out flowers. The florists close early on Saturday. David, at Pattersons, said the arrangements (funerals) you and I bought years before were not any good. The company had bankrupted. They did honor the casket and vault, which I was very thankful for. At least the people who had bought that site, honored that part of what we had bought. Bro Honea made a big pot of chili, brought to the house, for us to eat that evening. There were so many people at our house. I was in so much pain I couldn't really enjoy all the family who showed up. Bro Honea had brought BBQ on Friday night also Betty, Sid, and Laura came over Friday. They also brought food. Vernie Mae baked a big cake for us. I still miss you and I love you...just remembering..........BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment