Sunday, December 25, 2011

Dec. 25, 2011

Christmas 2011 is close to being over. All day I have remembered 9/25/2011. I was heartsick all that day. Of course it was Sunday. Bro. Sutton didn't have church at New Life Pentecostal, I wanted my husband to be in church, his last night. He had wanted that, too. The next day on 9/26 we would be having his memorial service, celebrating his leaving this earth for a home in heaven. The pain I felt standing beside that coffin that night. My dear husband had left me for a much better place. He again could see and walk, but I knew the pain I felt was real. I also knew there was no medicine to stop that pain. Honey, I don't know why this week was exactly as it was in September. Why did 12/25 have to be the day of the week as 9/25? Why do I still have to hurt? I am still at the Darden home. Duane has been here today again, all the Darden children and grands were here this evening. We ate, they passed out gifts, we played a game. It was a nice Christmas, but I thought about you so much and missed having you here. You and I were here last Christmas. I kept thinking about that, and about how much I miss you. I am trying to be brave, it isn't easy because I do miss you so and I love you......BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment