Monday, April 23, 2012

4/23/12

Ben, Honey, I have made it through another day almost. I did a load of laundry, folded, put away. I then washed my kitchen towels and cloths. Didn't get them folded and put away because of thinking too much. I left home, got gas, and went to Wal Mart. That was different because it had been a month or longer since I did that. I walked around the store, did some shopping, did a lot of looking.      I bought a large lily of the valley to stick in the vase at the grave site. After all, it has been seven months now, since you have been gone.       Walking around the store, I looked up, saw sis Honea with her two granddaughters, a girl from school, and Aubrey. Sis Honea was looking for an electric knife to use to slice her roast and ham she was cooking. When we parted, she invited me to come over and eat with them. I told her, me, myself, and I had a debate about going, but I finally won. After all who would turn down a meal Shirley Honea cooked. It was like Christmas, she had so much food fixed. I really did need that today, it had not been  my best day. I told her it was no accident that we saw each other at the store like that. Our God always knows what we need and when we need it. I stayed there until almost eight o'clock.      Allison and I talked for awhile now I am writing a note, about another day without you.      I just looked over at the phone and noticed I had a voice mail. Actually I had three of them from Duane, Lisa, and Debbie. They knew what this day was and they were thinking about me and, of course, you. It is a little late to return the calls. In Georgia it is near eleven o'clock, in Alabama someone is probably getting a shower or maybe already in bed. I will catch them all later. We did discuss, plenty of times, how blessed the two of us had been. We knew we had the best kids in the world. We knew that our greatest gift was God's spirit, but a close second was the four Children God had given us.    I just checked, Lisa actually called three times. I am usually at home when she calls. It is getting late, I need to be thinking of getting some sleep. For now I will say I miss you and I love you, my dearest Ben Miller.............BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment