Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fay and I didn't get up until past nine o'clock. For breakfast, we had biscuits, bacon, grits, jelly, and coffee for me, coke for Fay. She changed the sheets on the bed where she slept. We visited, then went to Simon-Williamson where I had an appointment with our opthamology, Dr. LeCroy. I told him about your death, and thanked him again for finding that tumor.        He said my eye sight hadn't changed that much, since the last visit. At first he wasn't going to write a prescription for glasses, said for me to go ahead with the readers 100. Then he decided to write a prescription, said that would get both eyes 20/20. He said you probably won't be wearing them very much, but you will have them.          When we got back home Fay had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich I had a cheese, bread and butter pickle, and tomato sandwich. It was yummy as always, I hadn't eaten one of those in a long time.         I went over to the church. On my way home I stopped at the cemetery. I fixed, left over red beans and rice for my dinner.          When I think of how much I miss you still, I have a terrific pain. I am trying hard to learn how to live with the pain and without you.      The last week of your life on Tuesday is when I heard you telling the Lord to come. "Come and get us Lord, come on, come and get me, I am ready, I am tired". Oh how I wept. I had no idea you would be leaving so soon. I told the Dr. about your seeing the light that Thursday a.m. I told him I believed it was a light from the Lord you saw. He agreed that no doubt that was it. I miss you I love you...........BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment