Thursday, August 2, 2012

We got up, ate cereal, drank coffee. I did a load of laundry. After showers and dressing we finally decided to go on over to Chick Fil A to eat. It had already been raining some, soon after we got on the road it came a "gully washer". We turned in at Jacks we were not going any farther, then it suddenly slacked and Ulmer got back on the street and said we would go on. Almost as soon as we got on the interstate, we realized we would not be moving very fast. We crept along, finally a couple of police cars came along. I could see they had stopped about half a mile or so down the road. Traffic moved a little faster, we changed lanes and went on. There had been an accident, goodness I don't know how that 18 wheeler got in the position it was in. It looked as if it was barely hanging onto a barrier, over a road. That was scary. All the way it was still raining, got hard again. I had been praying for a slack in the rain, when we exited at #1 it just about stopped. We got in the restaurant, ate, and got back to the car before the next down pour. Boy, did I ever enjoy that chicken! Beats any nuggets I've tried any place else.         Basically our day, except Clara wanted to go in the thrift store, the rain had slowed again. She was looking at blouses. I decided to check dresses, I went to the dress isle and did some looking. I had felt my breathing getting bad, I walked back to where Ulmer was standing, Clara was looking at something else now. I asked Ulmer what she was looking for and I hardly had a voice. They were quite ready to get me out of there. I have always told everyone, I cannot shop the thrift stores, allergies, you know. I knew it was harming my breathing but I had no idea how bad it really was until I tried to talk. It was bad for an hour or so. Then I didn't feel so good. I told them I had to lie down. So I did and I slept for a while, felt better later.         Dreading tomorrow, will go to visitation for Icy tomorrow at four thirty. I will not try to look at her, not wanting to appear dissrespectful, but.......Honey I still miss you, it is still too soon for me. I love you and I am thankful I told Icy last week and Tuesday that I loved her, and truly I did..........BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment