Thursday, August 16, 2012

Guess it is time to write another note. Not much to write about. Good news is I actually had  company for about 30 minutes today. I had been in devotion, had not even dressed, when my phone rang. It was Fay Davis. We talked for a few minutes then the phone was silent. I hung up thinking she will call back in a minute or two. When she hadn't called back I decided to call her, but I heard a knock at my front door. Nowadays no one knocks at my door, thinking oh my, I am not even dressed. Anyway I went to the door and who was there, Fay and Bryon. I said I was just talking to you, glad to have the company for a little while. Fay says she will be back Monday to visit and she is going to spend the night with me. That will be fun.         I called June today to see how she is doing. It has been just two weeks since her mother died. She promised to call me when she comes back to Birmingham. She said they were not going to hurry about taking care of the house and everything. I had been thinking about her, so I called to talk to her.         I had wanted to go by the cemetery today. I decided I better get gas before the price goes up again everywhere. I found Exxon still had it for $3.45, the Chevron on Allison-Bonnet is already $3.55, which means everything on that street has gone up again.          Honey, I may start to quit writing every night, I think. I am never sure exactly how I may feel from one day to the next. As I have already said I think sometimes that I maybe keep you from resting in peace, I don't know. All I do know is that I miss you and am trying to survive without you. That is not an easy thing for me to do. I just read something on fb like, sometimes you smile to hide the ache in your heart, that's close to what it said. All I can say is amen to that, and I will say that you knew I would do that. I love you...........BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment