Monday, May 7, 2012


It is early. I am writing my note because I am about to leave the house. I am going by Wal Mart then onto a ladies meeting in Bessemer. We are meeting at the Cracker Barrel to eat dinner. I, then will go on out to Lisa's to spend the night. I am watching Rylan tomorrow for Ashley.       So far today I haven't done much. Seems like I have been slower then usual today.      As I was lying in the bed this a.m. rel;iving again our last day at home. I can't help but think of that day. How could I ever have known it was to be our last day together? I remember your being so cold, shivering. I covered you with a blanket and held you close to me, trying to get you warm. I said I wish I could do more, your answer "just hold me". Then the medic arrived, from Sylvan Springs fire department. I had to go to the door. You never said much to me when you were in the ER. When they said you would be admitted, I learned the fifth floor. I stopped walking and said not the fifth. You see, Honey, I knew this was the floor for people they were not expecting to live long. My heart began to ache even then.     You were always such an energetic person, and always seemed to be young.      Anyway, remembering all this, I can only cry and think of the pain of losing you.       It is getting late. Sounds like the rain has stopped for now so I am getting on the road. I miss you endlessly and I can know that I love you..........BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment