Monday, May 28, 2012

This has been a good day. I stayed at the Spences' until after five o'clock. The traffic was heavy for a few miles, then it lightened. We had a good meal, Dialyn and Glen fixed some great dishes. Dialyn baked a cake that was moist and tasty. Of course, Glen did an excellent job on the boston butt. Allison didn't make it back but Nathan and Kai were there.         Sunday David Hall and I were talking about some of Ben Miller's uniqueness. Especially David remembered how he would always say al ke haul, No need to tell you Honey, how to say it correctly. Your answer was always, I'll say it my way. So you did. No one was going to change your way of doing or saying. That is one of the many things that people remembers and loves about you. Everyone who knew you, knew that you liked food. I remember one time when Dr. Johnson told you "Ben, you are the only one I've ever heard say this food is not bad." One reason he liked you, you could take whatever anyone said with a grain of salt.           I missed you on this memorial day, I remembered your serving during the Korean "conflict". How many times you tried to volunteer to go over there. They would not send you, because you knew what the "flag" where you served was all about.        Yes, I miss you and I love you.............BILL-EE

No comments:

Post a Comment